Saturday, February 27, 2010

Review: Tarte Clean Slate t5 Infused Natural Face Primer


I think I have found my HG Face Primer!! YES!!! I recently bought the Tarte Clean Slate t5 Infused Natural Face Primer and have been using it everyday for about a month now. I absolutely love everything about it.


Let's start with the packaging! I love that it comes in a package where you have to squeeze the product out versus using a pump. I've tried several primers that have pumps and I find that once you use about 1/2 of the product; it's very difficult to get any product out using the pump. I ended up using part of the pump to scoop out the product.


Now on to the product! Per the Tarte Cosmetics website, "This natural primer helps makeup stay in place longer while preventing creasing in fine lines and wrinkles. Unlike other primers, clean slate™ contains natural fruit and plant derived extracts (T5) to treat, protect, sooth and hydrate the skin."


I have to say that I agree with the above statement. It goes on so smoothly and does keep my makeup in place most of the day. By mid-day, I do see a little bit of shine, but other than that, I have had no issues. No breakouts, blemishes, etc. Just so you know, I am 34 (so those fine lines are starting to creep up on me), I have a very oily t-zone, and I recently starting experiencing cystic acne breakouts. Again, I have had no issues with this primer.


The reason I so wanted to get this primer is because it contains no chemicals. Check this out! This primer is:

  • Paraben Free
  • Petro-Chemical Free
  • Pthalate Free
  • Sulfate Free
  • Preservative Free
  • Glycol Free
  • Fragrance Free
  • Gluten Free
  • Dye Free
  • Talc Free

Even though it's supposed to be Fragrance Free, there is a little bit of a light scent; not quite sure how to describe it, but it's not bad at all.
Overall, I love this product and will continue to buy it. It currently retails for $30 and can be purchased at Sephora, Sephora.com, and Tartecosmetics.com.
If you have any questions, feel free to hit me up! I'd be happy to help!
Adios,
Jackee


1 comment:

Story of a Girl said...

That sounds like a great one ! i've tried so many that i'm about to give up on primers. but i'll have to try this one- i too have an extremely oily t-zone :(