Friday, June 24, 2011

Experiment - Clinique Pore Refining Solutions

Well, it's no secret that I'm no Spring Chicken! I turned 35 this year and am starting to see little things here and there that I am so not happy about! **Sigh** Anyway, one of the things that bugs me the most is the size of the pores on my nose and cheek area.  It drives me insane!!! I feel like they are getting larger and larger and of course having combination/oily skin doesn't help.

Within the last few weeks, I have been researching skincare products that specifically target large pores.  I came across Clinique's Pore Refining Solutions Correcting Serum. I read some good reviews about it so I decided to give it a shot.


Just to give you a little bit of information about this product; Clinique claims that this product "helps skin bring healthier cells to the surface for a tighter, smoother, younger look.  In 2 weeks, pores appear 58% smaller."  It is recommended that you apply morning and night after Clinique's 3 Step System (which I am using right now).

I couldn't find a complete list of ingredients for this product, but according to the little pamphlet that was included in the package, the Correcting Serum is a "lightweight, oil-free serum with Pore Resurfacing Complex." Sounds good to me!! HA!

I have been using the product for about a week now, per the directions on the package and I have to say that I am seeing good results.  Now, it's not like my pores are magically disappearing or anything like that, but they do appear a little smaller and the skin in that area is not as oily.  In fact, I haven't had to blot as often now that I've started using the serum.  I've also noticed that my nose does not have as many blackheads as it used to. All of this after only one full week of use.  Not too shabby!  I'm pretty impressed so far!! I hope I continue to see further improvement as the weeks go by. Just maybe I'll wake up two weeks from now, with the flawless skin of a 21 year old!  Yeah, wishful thinking, I know!  :)

Moving on!  Let's talk about the price now!  At Sephora, where I purchased this product; it retails for $39.50.  Yup, I know! It's a little expensive for 1.0 oz of product, but a little does go a long way, so I am sure it will be a while before I have to re-purchase.

That brings me to my next point!  Will I re-purchase?  Yes, I will.  Overall, I am really impressed with the serum.  I think it works well for me and unless I find some super duper instant pore shrinker in the meantime, I will continue to buy the Correcting Serum.

If any of you decide to try this product, please let me know how it works out for you.  If you are already using a Pore Refining/Minimizing product that works great for you, please share what it is in the comments below.  I am always interested in hearing about different products.

Hopefully I will be back with some FOTD's this weekend.  It better not be a Bad Makeup Weekend for me!! Grrrrr!!

Til next time,

Jackee





 

No comments: