Wednesday, July 6, 2011

June Favorites!!

Since everyone and their Grandmother does "Favorites" videos and blog posts, and I absolutely love watching and reading about everyone's favorites, I thought, "Hmmm!  Why not start blogging about MY favorites each month?!" So here I am sharing with you all...my Faves for the month of June!!  Check em out!


In no particular order...

Clinique Skincare Products
I have been using Clinique's 3 Step System which includes the Liquid Facial Soap, Clarifying Lotion and Moisturizing Gel.  In conjunction with the 3 Step System, I am using the Rinse Off Foaming Cleanser (to remove face makeup) and Pore Refining Solutions Correcting Serum (targets large pores).
 
I've been very happy with all of these products.  I think they work well with my skin - not too harsh, no breakouts, etc.  I used the 3 Step System back in 1999, but found that the Clarifying Lotion was a bot harsh for my skin.  Their formulas have changed since then...and for the better!!

Next up...

Bare Minerals Foundation SPF 15
I admit it!  I have a love/hate relationship with this foundation.  I have been using it off and on for a few years now.  This is typically my Summer foundation because it feels light, has SPF 15, and provides great coverage.  What I hate:  the coverage doesn't really last as long as I'd like it to.  I wish it would last all day at work, but I find that by 2pm, the oils take over...Ugh!  Overall, I do love this foundation though!

Clinique Superbalanced Powder Makeup SPF 15
I just purchased this at the end of May with the Superbalanced Foundation (which I also love BTW).  Maybe I'll add that to my July favorites! It's a great setting powder for foundation.  It leaves my skin so soft, with great coverage and not cakey at all!

Eve Pearl Salmon Concealer
If you'll notice...in almost every single FOTD I've posted, I've used this product.  This has to be my favorite concealer of ALL TIME!!  It's my HG concealer for sure.  It's not too thick or too light; covers my undereye circles PERFECTLY and stays put ALL day! The only negative is the price which is $37.50, but a little goes a long way so it does last a long time for me.

MAC Eyebrow Pencil
I was using the Anastasia brow pencil, and absolutely LOVED it, but I decided the give the MAC pencil a shot and LOVE it as well.  The MAC pencil costs $5 less than the Anastasia pencil, so I've found my new love!  HA!!  The color Spiked is perfect for my brows! Exact match!

The Infamous Urban Decay Primer Potion
I do really like this product a lot, but by no means do I think it's God's Gift to eyeshadow primers.  I think it does a great job as do many other primers in the market.  For me, I have found that most primers work well!  I know that is not true for everybody though.  It's in my faves because I did use this primer the most out of all my other primers!

Last but not least...

Tarte Mineral Powder Bronzer in Park Avenue Princess
I've had this product in my stash for sometime but just rediscovered it this past month.  It's a perfect bronzer for my olive skin tone.  It gives me the perfect bronzey/glowy effect without looking orange or too shimmery.  There is definitely some shimmer there, but it's not overpowering at all.

Well, that wraps up my faves for the month of June.  Hope you enjoyed!





8 comments:

Melanie said...

Great products! I've started using the Clinique Mild Clarifying lotion and I love it! Its much gentler than their other ones. I also plan on picking up their makeup remover balm tomorrow.

I've been using BareMinerals for over 2 years now...its my favorite foundation!

Unknown said...

Me thinks I found a Clinique fan! Hah, just kidding, I love their stuff too, it was the first 'high end' makeup I ever got. Lovely faves, good taste!

Jackee said...

@Melanie Thanks. Let me know how the makeup remover balm works for you.

@Meredith Jessica HA! Yes, I love their skincare and am now looking at their face products a little differently. I have a new crush! LOL! Clinique was my first high end stuff too. I'm not crazy about their shadows but love everything else.

Christine said...

I have already done a review of the Elf HD powder, here is the link ^_^

http://christineiversen.blogspot.com/2011/06/review-hd-powder-by-elf-cosmetics.html

Love Christine ♥

noone said...

awesome products you featured. Urban Decay is famous for that primer eh?! I want to know the percentage of sales that primer brings them in terms of their overall cosmetics!

Jackee said...

@Pop Champagne Thank you. Yeah, I often wonder the same thing too. That is definitely their most sold item. I'd be surprised if it isn't.

Katie said...

so glad to have just found this post, I've been wanting to try the clinique 3 step system again because I heard they reformulated the clarifying lotion but I wanted to know if it really was for the better. So glad to know you like it now that it's been reformulated. When I run out of my stuff I'm using now I will be running to clinique.

Jackee said...

@Katie I am so happy this was helpful to you! Yes, the Clarifying lotion is so much better now. I've been using it since the end of May and it's been working great!! Hope it works for you as well! Thanks for checking out my blog!