Saturday, September 11, 2010

Favorite Drugstore Products Part 1

Some people get so caught up on the whole "high end" label when it comes to cosmetics and completely disregard drugstore products.  Little do they know there are some really awesome drugstore products out there; that are of great quality and don't break the bank. Don't get me wrong!  I love my high end products, but I also love my drugstore products!  I am no makeup snob!  I don't discriminate at all!  HA!


I wanted to share some of my favorite drugstore products with you ladies.  Who knows?  Perhaps you'll try some of these out and really like them.  So here goes...(listed in no particular order)

Rimmel The Max VolumeFlash Mascara
This has become my go to mascara for the past couple of months!  I absolutely love it.  The formula is a little on the "wet side" but overall, it makes my lashes look longer and fuller!  I have never experienced any flaking, smudging, smearing, etc. 





REVLON Colorstay Liquid Foundation
I know that everyone and their grandmother has raved about this foundation and it's because it really is a great foundation if you are looking for  medium to full coverage.  You can even mix it with moisturizer, Fix Plus, etc., for more sheer coverage if you wish.  Some days I go for the full coverage look and other days I "sheer" it down a bit.  

This line of foundation offers several different shades for many skintones and in addition, there are two formulas:  One for Normal/Dry Skin and another for Oily/Combination Skin.

Two drawbacks about this foundation are that 1) It smells like paint. 2) There is no pump which results in pouring out more product than you really need.  
Overall, I love this foundation and alternate between my MUFE MAC Velvet and MUFE HD Foundations. 

Jesse's Girl Pure Pigment Eye Dusts
These pigments are "Da Bomb"!!  Am I dating myself when I say that?  LOL!  All joking aside, these are really great.  I think they are super pigmented, come in a variety of colors and blend well.  As with any mineral products, there is some fallout during application and some are more shimmery than others, but overall, for the price, you can't beat it!!  Don't forget to use a sticky base so that the product has something to stick to!

I've only seen Jesse's Girl Cosmetics at my local Rite-Aid Pharmacy.  If you don't have a Rite-Aid, you can also purchase these pigments as well as any other Jesse's Girl Cosmetics at------> Jesse's Girl Cosmetics.


L'oreal Lineur Intense Felt Tip Liquid Liner
This is my FAVE liquid liner hands down!!  I have this in Black and Brown and use it every single day! 

The color is very dark and lasts all day.  The applicator is very flexible and allows you to draw either a very thin or very thick line.  In my opinion, it's the most forgiving liquid liner and a definite must have for everyone, especially beginners.
Maybeline Define-A- Brow Pencil
The best brow pencil I have ever used!  I have tried many high end brow pencils, and this one has worked the best for me.

The formula is just right.  It's not so hard that you have to dig into your brows to fill them, but it's not so creamy that your brows just smear off by midday.  I normally apply some clear brow gel after filling my brows just to keep them in place.  

I've heard that this pencil is similar to the MAC brow pencils.  I've never used the MAC brow pencils, so I can't confirm that is true.  Just thought I would mention this.

All of the products above can be found just about anywhere (CVS, Walgreens, Target, KMart, Walmart, etc.) with the exception of the Jesse's Girl Pigments.  Many times, stores offer great BOGO (Buy One Get One) deals and that is when I normally take advantage and stock up. 

I'll be doing another Part to this post.  I'm curious now!  What are some of your favorite drugstore products?

5 comments:

Curves Ahead lifestyle blogger said...

this post was amazing !! I've never been a big fan of over the counter make up but I've been trying to buy more and more
and with this post I'm going to try everything you suggested ,thanks doll

Mandy said...

i also use the maybelline define a brow pencil too! i love it :)

Story of a Girl said...

i agree about the colorstay and define a brow ! love those. i'll have to play more with my pigments though. they don't stay put as well as shadow on me :(

beautyparler said...

Yup, I love Revlon Colourstay also. Haven't tried the Maybelline define-a-brow but Almay has a pretty good MAC dupe.

Jackee said...

So glad you guys all found this useful. I have a Part II coming up as soon as I have some free time! Sigh..I wish I could just blog all the time and not work! LOL!!

@Monica@BeautyParlor - I don't think I have ever tried Almay products. I'll have to check the brow pencil out. Thanks for the suggestion.