Wednesday, August 11, 2010

I've Been Tagged! Beauty Survey

Yay!  I am so excited.  I was tagged by the OH SO BEAUTIFUL ladies of Makeup and Beauty Talk with LisaMarie and Weighing Down on Beauty  to do this beauty survey.  My first official tag!  I love it!  Thanks girls!!  I hope this gives you a chance to get to know me a little more.  Oh, I hope I don't bore you!  HA!!

What's your favorite make up look?

I'd have to say anything dramatic!  I love a lot of color, lashes, sexy smokey eyes, etc.  Unfortunately, I don't get to wear those types of looks often because I work in a pretty conservative office.  Good lawd!  The people at work would go nuts if I walked in with a very bold look.  As a result, I normally wear very natural looks to work.  Now on the weekends...I like to turn it up!  Even if I have nowhere to go.  LOL!

Do you have a beauty vice?

It would have to be eyeshadow!  I AM AN EYESHADOW HOOCHIE!  LOL

What part of your body do you love?

Oh man!  Probably my eyes, because I don't like anything else at the moment! LOL  My eyes are light brown with green flecks in them...hazel 'ish' I guess.

Who is your beauty icon?

I don't have one.  I look at all women for inspiration.  We are all different and express ourselves in different ways.  I can learn something from each and every one.

What beauty product makes you feel instantly good?

Foundation and concealer hands down! 

How do you look after your skin?

My routine is pretty simple.  I wash my face with Cetaphil cleanser.  It's inexpensive and does the job well.  For under the eyes, I use an anti wrinkle cream from Garnier.  I'm no longer a spring chicken and need to watch out for those pesky wrinkles!  For a moisturizer, I also use Cetaphil. 

I try to exfoliate at least once a week and I just use a Biore cleanser for that. 

I've tried a lot of expensive brands for skincare, but really...they've done nothing special for me, so I tend to stick with things I can find at the drugstore.

What is your signature scent?

I love anything vanilla.  Yummy!!  However, lately I've been wearing MAC's Turquatic!

What is your hair care secrets?

My hair is naturally curly, but I straighten it A LOT, so I have to try to keep it from getting fried.  I absolutely love Phyto Phytodefrisant Botanical Hair Relaxing Balm.  It's the one product that keeps my hair looking good.

How do you pamper yourself?

Shopping for makeup, clothes, shoes, home stuff, etc.,  and New Kids on the Block concerts.  Yes, I am a total Blockhead and have been since I was 12!  Jordan is my fave!  LOL.  I am planning on going on the New Kids on the Block cruise in May next year.

What is your beauty pet peeve?

Foundation that doesn't match.  You know when you can see the color difference between the face and neck?  UGH!  I hate that! 

Another one is brows that are not groomed!  Like little caterpillars?  Not a good look ladies!  Groom those babies!

What would your desert island must haves be?

Foundation, Concealer and Jordan Knight (sorry I had to throw that in! HA)

 
Finally, do you have a beauty philosophy?

I have two:

True beauty comes from within! 

There are no rules in makeup!!

So now, who do I tag?  I tag all of you!  I would love to get to know you all better!!!  So go ahead and get started!!

1 comment:

Jess said...

haha..that was great!! I lvoe that u r such a NKOTB fan...make sure u let us all know how that cruise goes!