Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Shopping In Your Own Makeup Stash

I don't know about you guys, but when I got sucked into watching makeup tutorials on Youtube back in January 2008...my bank account screamed...."Oh shit!  Here we go!" 

I've always had a decent sized stash, but once Youtube and I began our love affair, I think I was at MAC, Sephora, Ulta and any other place I could find makeup, TOO often.  I HAD to own every product that was used in a tutorial!  HA!  It was pretty bad! 

Now that it's been over two years since my collection quadrupled, I've started slowing down a little.  I am not giving into EVERYTHING I see, but I could definitely slow down some more.  Sorry, beauty items are my CRACK and I can't stop buying.  I get the shakes and other not so attractive withdrawal symptoms!  HA!

Okay..so what is the point of this post?  Well, I will tell you!  I need to start shopping in my own stash!  Instead of running out to buy that new shade of eyeshadow, I really need to look through my stash and determine if I have something similar already.  Also, I need to actually use the stuff I buy.  I have so much stuff that has never been touched.  It's pretty sick actually!

So here's the deal!  Starting this Saturday, I will be "Shopping In My Own Stash" and will be posting the FOTD using my stash items!  I'm gonna pull out some oldies but goodies....Stay Tuned!!

2 comments:

Marie said...

I think that's a smart idea!:D

Happy Wednesday!:D

http://allthingsmarie.blogspot.com/
Beauty. Fashion. Interior Design.
& Life According to Marie.

Jackee said...

@Marie Happy Wednesday to you too! Thanks so much for commenting! You're the only one! Means a lot!!